Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Daughters


I have been, as I mentioned a little off in the emotion department lately. Last night I came home after mom's night out and crawled into bed with Ella. She said, "your home Mommy, I missed you." I told her that I was feeling a little sad. She said, "Why Mommy?" I said, I was sad about having to wait for a new house. So then she said, "Your pretty Mommy, You feel better now?". I was so tickled, I kissed her and hugged her and told her thank you for making me smile. She knew just what to say to make me giggle. Such a sweet,heartfelt moment. We all know that children are little sponges. They figure things out. Today I was a little perturbed with Ella. We were late for the gym and she was doing everything ion her power to take FOREVER! Once in the car, I told her that I was feeling very frustrated with the fact that she was not listening to me. A few minutes later, I saw a shoe fly almost taking out my cup of coffee placed precariously in the cup holder (BTW Ford still has not figured how large a travel cup is!). I snapped and yelled at Ella and told her how angry I was and that it was dangerous to throw things at the driver. She piped up, "Your pretty Mommy... you happy now?" What can I say to that? So Ella has learned that pretty mommy is the magic phrase!

2 comments:

Rachel Lyn said...

Bailey does the same thing! She's always saying, "It's ok, Mama. You don't be sad." Can you strangle them and hug them at the same time?! :)

angelk33 said...

My husband has yet to learn that line. Go Ella.

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS