Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Going once going twice....


We have been busy packing. My wonderful, fantastic Mom came over(I hope she reads this) and helped me start the process of packing and staging the house. We convinced Jeff to get a storage unit. Today he made trips to the unit and I cleaned and got rid of clutter. We had an appointment with a Realtor this evening. All I can say is...we are screwed. So much for making much of a profit after closing fees. 22,000 in closing costs. I think I threw up a little in my mouth when they broke the numbers down.

I know the real point of "staging" a house, but it really makes you feel like crap. I thought that I had a little bit of style, until it was pointed out that there is much work to be done. Furniture needs to be moved, pictures taken down, things hidden in the garage. My feelings were a bit shot after the meeting. I must admit this evening I cried a bit, until I had to blow my nose and realized in my attempt to be frugal I bought"sandpaper brand" Kleenex. I can't even have a good cry!!!

1 comment:

angelk33 said...

Hang in there! Pretty soon, you will be moved and in your new beautiful house!

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS