Pages

Monday, September 15, 2008

How is it working for ya?


Occasionally I score teacher certification tests with a company in town. I am scheduled to work for the next three days. You may think that it sounds interesting...not so much. I think I would rather sit through a GYN appointment than read through 50 or so essays. It is across town so I have to drive about 35 minutes to get there. Getting home is the problem , it takes a good 45 minutes. I was stuck in traffic not moving, but it was a beautiful fall feeling day. It was overcast and about 80 degrees. Bliss! My sunroof was open, the windows were down, I was zoning out listening to NPR. Calm, relaxed, and then I hear it,the dreaded cat call. I trained my eyes on the car in front of me, afraid to look at the large semi next to me. Then I hear, "Hey pretty lady, I love red hair." I figured that I shouldn't be too rude and flashed him a quick smile, thinking that this would end the one sided flirting(?). Apparently, this was just the encouragement that he needed. There were yips, more cat calls, and flapping of the tongue. Could possibly the traffic finally move...please? Oh, no according to the radio there was an accident a mile or two up the road. From my peripheral line of sight, I think that I may have seen a very crude gesture. I rolled up my windows and pretended to talk to the phone. I really wanted to say," Hmmm...is this method of flirting working for you? Really, I mean statistically, how many women have you convinced through your unconventional methods to pull over and make mad passionate love to you? I'm just saying...perhaps you want to ponder the success of your tactics thus far and try something a little bit more subtle."

1 comment:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS