Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Potty Play by Play




Yesterday we went to a local taco eatery to celebrate E's last soccer game. For those of you that don't know me well, I suffer from IBS (I Be Sh*%ing). Well my IBS chose to rear its ugly head, no pun intended. I considered waiting to go home to feel better, but my gut had other plans. I quickly stood up to rush to the facilities. Little C asked where I was going, so I told her. Needless to say, she had to go potty too. I grabbed her little hand and we scurried to the bathroom. Luckily, it was a clean two stall bathroom. I encouraged C to go to the next stall so I could have some privacy. I was praying that no one else came into the bathroom. Then I heard the door open and two women walked in. Just then C announced, "Hey, mommy I am going poo poo just like you. We can be stinky together." I kept my mouth shut and I should know better than to ignore C, she raised her little voice to make sure that I heard her,"Mommy are you wiping now? Are you still poo pooing? Want to have a wipe race? Mommy? Mommy? Mooooommmmmmy? You can't talk while you are pooping? Can you hear me?"

There is nothing like the just stunk up the place walk to shame. Thanks to C I couldn't blame it on her. The women breathing through their mouths waiting for the stalls refused to make eye contact when I attempted to smile at them. My face was burning with embarrassment as I helped my daughter wash her hands. C looked up and said, "Mommy your

6 comments:

Liz said...

That made me cry with laughter- I can only imagine how mortified you were... I hope you're feeling better...

Unknown said...

LOL so funny! I know that this is a cliche but "out of the mouths of babes."

I am a new fan from Bloggy Moms. I look forward to reading more fun stuff.

http://www.ourbananamoments.com
http://www.facebook.com/ourbananamoments

Marsha

Christina said...

OMG!A sister in IBS, I love it. I have had to make the walk of shame as well and thank God my kiddos are old enough to shut it. ha!!! I'm sorry it happened, but thankful you wrote about it. Bahahaha!

Jeannie Joie said...

A wipe race! I love it!

http://tamingmymonsters.blogspot.com/

Shana said...

Funny!!!! Hi! Just stopping by. Following from MBC. Would love it if you would visit and LIKE my page: www.facebook.com/flightlessgoose

renegademothering said...

Oh BOY. How did I not find your blog sooner? We are clearly soul mates. Any woman who would write this story is a woman I love. Or would love. If I knew her beyond "cyber" world. Anyway, thank you for this laugh. Thanks, Bloggy Moms, for hooking me up with you!

Good stuff.

I wrote a poop post about my daughter doing it on the floor. It was classic. Classically wrong, of course. But classic.

I'm your newest follower...

Cheers.

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS