Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Stop... Potty Time



I have never been a fan of public restrooms. I try to hold it as long as possible. My mantra when I have to use them is..Hover, Hover, Hover. I am proud to say, because of this my thighs are a little less jiggly, a mini workout of sorts. My aversion to public restrooms is being challenged by my 2 1/2 year old daughter who is thrilled with the idea of doing her business in a new place. I would much rather change a diaper in the back of the car than venture into the gas station restroom, you know the one that you have to ask for the super sacred KEY for. NASTY. I knew that potty training was hard, but I think the word that should be stressed is inconvenient. We just order food at a restaurant...stop,potty time, we are at a state fair...stop potty time, there are only porta potties available...stop, potty time. On a positive note, I have finally trained Ella to put her hands on her knees when she goes potty. For a while she would keep asking, "Is this dirty Mommy?" I would of course cringe and say "yes sweetie it is very dirty." She would smile at me and then touch the seat and say "yucky, dirty, I have to wash my hands".

2 comments:

Christina said...

My little angel went through a stage in which she decided to argue with me about putting the paper cover (or even t.p.) on the seat and being the paranoid mother that I am, I chose to come up with creative stories about the "gasket" - i.e. "it's MAGIC!" just to convince her to use it!!!!! Just another creative outlet I was unaware I had! {sigh}

Rachel Lyn said...

We should plan a 'tour of public restrooms' event for MOMS club. Bailey's been to them all, too!

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS