Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away


I had my training in Dallas. During the training, I came to the realization that this was not the job for me. The position was a local coordinator for an Au Pair agency. It sounded really good on the surface, but then the trainer several times mentioned being a "paid volunteer". At this time in my life, I cannot put forth effort for a company unless I am getting compensated. I was a teacher for 8 years and was never being compensated enough for all of the hours I put in, but it was for the greater common good. I suppose I wouldn't mind getting paid pennies, if it were for something that I felt passionate about, something that helped the community. I came home last night feeling a little bit dejected about this whole part time work thing. I cannot seem to find the right thing. Jeff and I had a long talk about this new house that we are in the process of building.

We both think that the best thing to do is to get out of it. We will be out some money, but it would probably be best in the long run. We have 2 years until we really need to get out of our neighborhood. The cost of the house is ballooning and we are dealing with a less than scrupulous sales guy. We agreed on a price for the house, but every week we get a call, oh we forgot to charge you for this and that. It just doesn't feel right. Jeff is going today to see how much money we will be out if we cancel the deal. I guess if it is too much we might have to go ahead regardless of our concerns. It SUCKS being an adult!!

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS