Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Afternoon Shadow

Groupons are evil. I see one and think, I should try that, it is such a good deal! I have done acupuncture, facials, pedicures, and massages thanks to Groupon. Some have been great, some have been strange. Several months ago, I saw a Groupon for "One dermaplaning treatment with a hydrating or rejuvenating mask. Dermaplaning treatments exfoliate the skin (without down time) and remove peach fuzz." They had me at removing peach fuzz. The older I get, the more fuzz I get.   I wanted to do something about it before I had to brush my face.  Because I am brilliant, I didn't really research what the dermaplaning entails.

I  changed into a soft comfortable rope, climbed under a snugly blanket. Relaxed, as the gal cleansed, massaged, and moisturized my face. It was blissful until she said, "Now we are going to complete the dermaplaning". I was fine until she pulled out a butter knife looking razor and shaved my entire face.  My forehead, my cheeks, my chin, my upper lip... She worked extra hard on my newly acquired chin hairs. I was assured that it is a myth that it will grow back thicker and darker. My face was glowing, it felt so smooth...

I am a week out from the appointment, and I can't stop touching my face.  Not because it is smooth, but because I detect a bit of stubble on my cheeks.   What?  Now I know, dermaplaning is a nicer way of saying close shave. For a gal who wears a swim dress to avoid extra maintenance...this is devastating.   Now do I keep shaving my face or do I let it grow?  When does it stop feeling like a prickly mistake?  I blame Groupon, well it is easier then blaming myself for not researching the word dermaplaning. If you see me out, please don't mention my afternoon shadow, please?

3 comments:

Hashim said...

Hi there it’s me, I am also visiting this web page on a regular
basis, this web site is actually good and the users are truly
sharing fastidious thoughts.https://crack6.com/pixologic-zbrush-crack/

Anonymous said...


Your post style is super Awesome and unique from others I am visiting the page I like your style.



reFX Nexus

Activators4Windows said...

The article is excellent. Your writing will hopefully be like this more often in the future.Avast Internet

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS