Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

that's hot


The other day I went to a function where I mingled with some non mommy married women. Gosh, they were cute in their limited shirts, seven jeans, and beautiful trendy heels. Their hair was styled and blown dry, they were wearing lip gloss, and jewelry. I casually complemented one of the women on their outfit..."Nordstrom's, they have the cutest stuff!" I debated slugging down another 10.00 martini, until it hit me that it was in fact 10.00. I had a six bottle of Barringer in my fridge at home.

I felt a bout of jealousy coming on, but I don't think I would change a thing in order to look "hot" in that crowd. I think that I do quite well with my pay less, Target, and Ross closet of clothes and shoes. I adore hanging out with my stay at home mom's group where we lament the cost of groceries, and debate the benefits of Cosco. We compliment each other on our Target trends and department store knock offs as we watch our children frolic on the playground. Our clothes more often than not have something kid related smeared on them...snot, spit up, dirt, baby food, goldfish crumbs, depending on the age of the child. We may not be coiffed and polished but we are hugged, kissed and adored. Motherhood is messy. Or as I suppose Paris Hilton might say, "being a mommy is HOT Bitches!" Ok she might not say that but her old BFF NIchole Ritchie might, as she hands of her little one to her army of nannies.

1 comment:

Ivanhoe said...

Just wanted to stop by and say hi. I read your make believe story on Angela's blog.
I'm not sure I would make it thru that flight :o)
Your girls are adorable.

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS