Pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

IKE... you son of a beach!


It is so sad watching IKE take out Galveston. Just last May, our local MOM's club went to a fantastic beach house in Galveston for a mini vacation. I know that house is now gone. Just a little side note, what is it with all of the idiots not evacuating. They say 40% refused to get out, even with the warning of certain death. The people in the photo I attached said that they were going to ride out the storm with a few drinks. What the hell??? OK Darwin work your magic.

As far as I know, I am still leaving for Dallas tomorrow and boarding my plane at 6:45 am. I am scheduled to come back in the evening. I have my carry on packed just in case I have to stay overnight. Secretly, I am hoping my flight gets canceled so I can be alone in a hotel room. Alone!! I don't remember when I was alone for any length of time. My husband works from home, I am a stay at home mom, my kiddos are always with me. If my flight gets canceled, I am buying a glass of wine, putting my feet up and watching a chick flick on TV. I will be in control of the remote. Bliss!

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS