Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I do believe in spooks, I do, I do, I do!


My Grandmother passed away about a year and a half ago. This was the first time I have visited my Grandfather since her passing. We stayed in the house. It was bitter sweet. Memories were everywhere. We slept infthe guest room, the one that I stayed in as a child. The last day we were there, I was looking at the photos on the wall and all of the antiques, feeling a bit melancholy. I was missing my Grandmother and then I felt something. I can't even describe it, but all of a sudden the antique gramophone began to play. Softly and slowly at first. There was crackling and then a distant sound of big band music. It was playing on its own. My Grandmother never allowed us to touch it, saying that it was her Uncles and very old and valuable. In fact, in my Mother's 40 years of marriage she had never heard it play either. I must admit I was a little on edge. I called downstairs for my brother to come up, after I called for him the music got louder. My brother came in the room and witnessed what was going on. It played for a few more minutes until my brother said, "How do we turn it off?" Just as he uttered those words, the music became softer and softer until it stopped completely. It felt to me, that my Grandmother was reassuring me in some way that she was there. It was such an amazing experience. Had my brother not witnessed it too, I think everyone would be thinking I was blowing smoke. I do believe in spooks, I do, I do, I do!

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS