Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The joys of IBS

Yes I am a proud caring member of the IBS community. I am a connoisseur of toilet paper and public restrooms. I am a fan of flushable wipes and magazines in the restroom. Ok, I'm not proud, but that is the card that I have been dealt..deal with it. My trigger is salt lick BBQ (not that it stops me from partaking) and stress. This weeks culprit is stress. Too much going on this week! Well, this morning I was treated to an extended stay in the bano el Kopp. Kids are crying, fights are breaking out, and I am hunkering down for the long haul on the porcelain god. A few hours later I am ready to venture to the library. Yes, voting is going on so I am aware of the potential crowds, but not concerned. That is, until we are about a block away..IBS time. My body screams find a potty NOW. I yell, I moan, I cry out and my kiddos giggle. I literally drag them into the library. Claire is crying, Ella is looking a little bewildered until she is dragged into the front entrance of the library. "My mommy needs to potty now" she states matter a factually to the line of voters. "Go mommy, don't have an accident, listen to your body." I am green with illness and red with embarrassment, all in all a lovely shade of hideous. I shove the girls into the luxurious handicapped stall. Just made it. Then Ella and Claire both clap and cheer, "mommy went poo poo , yeah mommy, you made it!" Then my fantastically observant child noticed the maxi pad that I am wearing and proclaims, "No Claire mommy had an accident, mommy went poo poo in her panties." I attempt to explain but just give up and then I hear giggling from two stalls away. Mortified, yes... I am. After the bathroom incident, we go to check out a few books and I am cautiously looking out for the phantom giggler. We go up to the librarian and hand her our books. The sweet woman asks my daughter the dreaded question, "So how are you today?" Ella replies matter of factually, "Mommy had some problems in the potty, she didn't poo poo in her panties, it just looks like it." Nice.

1 comment:

Rachel Lyn said...

I feel ya. Every time I go to the bathroom, Bailey says, "Good job, Mama!", claps for me and offers me candy & ice cream. :)

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS