Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

what a rip


I remember when I looked forward to the time change.. an extra hour of sleep. Score!! That was before kids, now I dread it. Kids don't understand that it is 6:30 NOT 7:30. So much for that extra hour, it is more like one less hour for parents.

Life before kiddos... one of my girlfriends doesn't get the flu shot just because if she gets the flu then she had a good reason to be at home and off of work. Makes sense! As a mom, the LAST thing you want to do is get sick. Being sick just means you still have to do everything, you just feel like crap doing it all. You are lucky if you get a little sympathy. If for some reason you do get an opportunity to rest, the house falls apart which means just more work for you. No mommy sick days available per job description.

Claire still has a fever. I took her to minute clinic last night to rule out strep throat, she had been complaining about her throat. It was negative...a big 100.00 negative! She still has a fever this morning and had difficulty sleeping last night. She needs to kick this today. Secretly I am enjoying her snuggles and desire to lay in bed with me. Usually she is off running the second she opens her eyes.

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS