Pages

Monday, November 3, 2008

Mama Drama

Mama drama and a little video to make you giggle. After today I need a giggle!

I never thought of myself as the dramatic one. OK, my husband and mother would I am sure beg to differ. I do talk a lot of smack behind closed doors but I really don't like to be in the midst of conflict. I am the type that shy away from confrontation and sticks my head in the sand. I appear to blow things off and go home and complain about it after the fact. We are having some mamma drama in my daughter's class over birthdays. I won't get into the details because it really is a little silly. Bottom line is I am planning to bring Ella's class a treat in honor of her birthday in the morning and the other mother is bringing something in the afternoon for her child. I think this is a perfectly logical compromise. We will see... I just may have a voodoo doll floating around somewhere. Ella's poor teacher is having to deal with the drama.

I had my first day of work today. Claire came down with a fever on Saturday night and has yet to be fever free for 24 hours, so I had to madly attempt to find someone to watch her while I was at work. The job will be just that ...a job to make a few extra bucks. I will have to get use to the nose picking, the burps, and the whining from other peoples children. I will have to refer back to my teacher voice and positive statements. I am so use to saying, "Get your finger out of your nose, that is nasty." That so wouldn't fly in the classroom. I will politely have to say, "Please get a tissue if you are having an issue." I will have to remember that sarcasm is not appropriate. "So how's that working for ya" would be totally lost on a preschooler.

One more thing, my best friend's father passed away last night. Even though you don't know her, I am sure that good thoughts and/or prayers would be greatly appreciated during this difficult time.

1 comment:

Teri Mason Photography said...

That video had me in stitches! And I hear ya, as a former teacher, on having restraint for "normal speak" LOL

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS