Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2008

santa diaries


Daddy: "So what did you like about visiting Santa on Tuesday?"
Ella: "He talks a lot. He is sooo cute. He has a furry face. I love him"
Daddy: "Mommy, So how did the trip to mall to see Santa go?"
Me: "I need a drink."

It sure beat last year when both girls screamed in terror, but it was the after photo melt down that took the cake this year. Claire had a moment that I thought that she was about to lose it, but Santa being the professional he is talked calmly to her. His voice was so soft and melodic that he put both girls into some sort of a trance. Just check out their expressions. After the photo however, the magic wore off and world war 3 broke out over a bag of cheerios. What share? I had to drag Ella to a corner in the mall and put her into timeout. Claire looked over at her with a smug expression on her face while she attempted to eat the whole bag before Ella got out of time out. Ella straightened up her act and then in Macy's Claire lost it. She wanted to walk at a snails pace and drag her new jacket on the ground. I tried everything to get her to either ride in the stroller, or let me put her jacket on. Nope, screaming, throwing herself on the floor. I finally had to strap her into the stroller. She was screaming, kicking, the whole nine yards. Time to o...I was thanking my lucky stars that Ella was at least behaving. Spoke too soon, in Nordstrom's she decided that she wanted to ride in the stroller too. I had to drag her out while pushing Claire who was in totally melt down mode. I was drenched in sweat, on the verge of tears, wanting to die. I loaded them kicking and screaming into the car, shut the door and stood outside my car crying. All I can say is Santa bring me a vacation please!

1 comment:

Rachel Lyn said...

That doesn't motivate me to try Santa with the kids yet. I have to at least get through Thanksgiving before I work up the energy to deal with Christmas!

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS