Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Lucky Sucky

Middle C is on a roll, I need to take her to Vegas. If you live in Texas, you are very familiar with the "Buddy Bucks". They are the grocery stores idea of rewarding kids for good behavior in the store. If your kid is good, you can ask for buddy bucks and your kiddo can put it in the machine and "win" points. The points can be traded in for various crap made in China. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea and my kids love getting the sticker points. There is however, the slim possibility of being an instant winner.  The odds are slim unless you are Middle C ,your sister has a poopy diaper, and is screaming... that is apparently the lucky combo. Last week, I went to the store to grab four quick items.  Baby A was having no part in the quick trip.  She pooped in the 5 minutes it took me to grab my stuff and get in line.  She was being good for sitting in her own stink, and Middle C was on her best behavior.  I requested a buddy buck for her...she put the money in, and pushed the button.  I had already made it almost to the exit, when I heard the shrill scream of victory.  "I am a winner mommy!"  I whooped and hollered for her.  A screamed and attempted to head butt my chest in desperation.  C skipped to the line we had to stand in to get her prize.  The line was 7 people long waiting to pay electric bills, get money orders, and who knows what else.  A was losing it as each minute ticked by.  She yanked out her hair band, threw her socks and shoes, and then proceeded to attempt in take off her diaper.  Middle C was oblivious to my pain. She was skipping in a circle chanting, "I am a winner, I am a winner."  After 15 minutes in line, C pranced out of the store with her coloring book and lollypop.  I followed with crap on my shirt, snot in my hair, and a pissed off baby.   Today I went to the store again, A pooped (must be something about the grocery store that brings on bowel movements) started screaming, and lucky ducky C was an instant winner yet again. joy

4 comments:

Erin MacPherson said...

My kids haven't learned that you can buy things with Buddy Bucks... they think you just win number stickers. And I"m planning on keeping it that way.

Domesticaffairs said...

I wish I could trick her, but she learned how to read "win" from her sister!

Leigh Ann said...

Ok. Tell me about this instant win stuff. Because at our HEB we only ever get the points stickers and the stuff you have to save up points for is crap anyway. I want a free coloring book!

Jeri Kleiber said...

Great Blog! Made me LOL!!!

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS