Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Parenting rule of thumb..never get cocky


The past few weeks Claire has done a great job of going on the potty. She asks to use it and goes every time. She has no fear of public restrooms or automatic flushing toilets. Yesterday we broke a record, she went potty 5 times! I was telling Jeff that I had visions of diaper free days in our future. After dinner, Jeff went to Home depot and I gave the girls a bath. Claire went potty at her request before she got in the tub. I had drug over the mountains of laundry to be folded out in the hallway so that I could fold and watch them in the tub. The girls were having a blast and I was making a dent in the laundry when I heard..."Oh no Mommy, Oh no Mommy" in a panic stricken voice from little Claire. I scooted over to the tub to see what was wrong. There was a beautifully formed turd floating in the bath. Claire was very upset, but not as upset as Ella who screamed and about getting stinky. I evacuated the tub and threw the girls into our bathtub to de-fecalfy them. Once Jeff got home, I ordered him to finish the baths while I embraced the joy of scooping the floating turd out of the water. Of course, by then it had started to come apart. I spent about 35 minutes cleaning the bath tub and all of the toys. Like I said, never feel too cocky about your parenting skills...there is always another lesson to be learned!

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS