Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

What would you do for a dollar


Sorry I have been unable to post lately. Jeff has been off of work, so we have been doing a ton of family things. Today we went to the gym. I had just finished my hour on the elliptical and was ready for some de-stressing in the eucalyptus steam room. then I heard the dreaded, "Melissa K, please come to the child center". Crap! I was hoping that it was just a poop diaper, I could change Claire and go back. Nope! Claire had decided that she had to go potty. I have mentioned before that although she is not 2 yet, she has been potty training herself. When she has to go she takes everything waist down off and yells, "potty". Apparently, she did that at the gym, but she was unable to attract the attention of any of the staff so she relieved herself on the floor. A portion of her pants got wet. I was a bad mom, and had been delinquent in stocking a fresh change of clothes for the girls in the diaper bag. So, I figured that I would just put a new diaper on Claire and we would all head home. Ella had other plans. She decided that she did not want to go home, and removed her shoes and began climbing into the maze. It took several minutes of threatening, and bribing to get her out. She was sobbing and I tried to explain why we had to go home. She replied,"I don't like it when Claire goes potty!" she then chose to wet her own pants in pure defiance. So, now I had two children with pee pee pants and no change of clothes. It is one thing to leave the gym with a kiddo in a diaper, it is another to leave with a bare bottom. I decided that I had to run to the car and get my secret stash of clothes( the bag of clothes that I have been meaning to bring to Goodwill). I ran like the wind to the car, just to discover that I had left my keys in the child care center. I made another mad dash, dressed the kiddos in a size two small clothes and got the heck out of there. Then I made another screwy decision. Thought that I would tempt fate and run in to Target to return something. To make a long story short, both girl managed on on two separate occasions to fall out of the cart. Those giant two seat, unwieldy, "fun" looking carts with the broken seat belts, suck. We were all three sobbing when I got them back into the car. Why did I HAVE to return an item that was from the Dollar bin? Pure madness!!!

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS