Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Turn back the clock


The other day I received an email from the gym that I am a member of. They were offering a peel party for 19 lucky clients at the spa. For 30 dollars you could potentially look 10 years younger. All this at an 85 dollar discount. I thought what the heck, I have never had a chemical peel for my skin. I phoned for the appointment, I was number 18...I just made it. I was reassured that my face would not resemble a tomato. I was in! So, today was the day. I must admit that I was a tad bit nervous, chemical peel does not sound like a nice thing regardless of the fact that they attempted to mask the unpleasantness with the phrase, peel party.

I was greeted by a 20 something girl with beautiful glowing skin. She asked me how many peels I had had in the past, I said never. She looked at me with her perfectly arched eyebrows and said, "Oh, really." It could have been me, but I did detect a little bit of pity in her voice. She then began to ask my about my beauty regime and skin care. I told her the truth...I wash. She prodded me further, what products do you use? I wasn't sure if she really wanted the truth (whatever is on sale at Target)or not, so I fibbed just a tad stating that I only use oil of olay rejuvenist. She sighed, and asked me to lay down. The facial massage was to die for, I was feeling great until she said, "Do you realize that you are very broken out? You are storing up toxins in your nasal passage." What? Yes, I know I have a few pimples (thank you PMS), and the toxins are known as Texas allergies! After the peel, I met with the product sales person who spotted me immediately and asked if I just had a peel. How did she know? Could it be the fact that I looked like I just got back from a day at the beach without SPF?? Once she found out my affinity for all things cheap, she gave up on her sales pitch.

So how do I look? Defiantly about 15 years younger, when I was in the throws of puberty. So if you see a redhead with a pink irritated face and a sprinkling of pimples it is me. For 30 dollars I really did turn back the clock!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had my first chemical peel about a month ago and I looked pretty scary for about 10 days. I can't tell a major difference now, but I'm going to do it again hoping I'll turn back the clock also! I'll be sure to check you out tomorrow morning...

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS