Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Addiction and Quitting


What is it with Chick-fil-a? It is just a chicken sandwich with a bun and two strategically placed pickles. There must be something secret in the breading or marinade, it is addictive and no other chicken sandwich will do. McDonald's has tried to replicate it...yuck. Why is it that I always want the darn sandwich on Sundays when it is not open. One day I asked one of the employees why it was not open on Sundays, she said, "because of God."

On another note, I finished my writing job a day early. I wrote my two questions and am sending them in as I type this. I KNOW that I will need to revise them. They were just OK. So much for 25 dollars a question...for the amount of time I spent on them I think I averaged 2 cents per hour. I am just glad that they are done. Jeff thinks I should just quit, since I am stressing so much over it. I told him that I just have to try my hand at this before giving up. During college I was pretty good at quitting. I worked for a week at IHOP and got fed up with the 70 year old blue haired career waitress telling me that I had to show my work when calculating change. I quit Tres Amigos after one day. I hated that I smelled like beans and became privy to the cleanliness or lack there of in the kitchen. Did you know that tres amigos was founded by three white guys? After tasting the food I really don't think they have any friends with authentic recipes. Oh yeah, and I worked at Gallup poll for two days. I am telling you, getting hung up on is not good for self esteem. After college, I was a teacher for 8 years and never again quit something. Gotta go my Chicken Sandwich is getting cold.

1 comment:

Rachel Lyn said...

I always want their food on Sundays, too.

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS