Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Priceless

My hubby has been having computer issues, so I am just getting on the computer now.

Let me think back to our trip:

On the way we almost ran out of gas, Ella had several false potty alarms on the road. She was NOT having a dirty restroom experience. One of our attempts resulted in the following scenario:
Ella: No potty mommy, too dirty.
Me: Well Mommy has to go potty, I will clean the seat... see you can sit now.
Ella: No! I don't want to. No!
Ella: Can I peek (at the lady in the stall next to us)
Me: No you can't peek at the lady
Ella: Yeah Lady...you go potty. Yeah... Lady you wash hands?
Me: Yes, she will wash her hands, let's wash our hands. Good! Now this is a hand dryer, just like a hair dryer, but for your hands.
Ella: AHHHHHHHHHH (screams at the top of her lungs and darts out of the bathroom running into a very large tattooed man.)

Next the beach:
The waves, the sand, the gentle breeze... my two and a half year old refuses to touch the wet sand. we still have six more days... in her defense she was able to touch it by the end of day 6.

The pool:
Ella only wants to sit on the step. Throws giant fit when it is time to get out.
She managed to poop in her swim suit resulting in a nasty mess. Claire never poops in her swim suit but sits in the only spot of tar on the beach and looks like she pooped for the rest of the trip.

The elevator:
Elevator door shuts almost locking Ella in the elevator alone... go go gadget arm pry open the door saving her. Ella is terrified of the elevator... day three.

Life with a two year old:
This week Ella came to the realization that she is now two. She morphed into a whiny , temper tantrum throwing , wild child. I was assured by my mother, that my brother and I really were never like that. Ella must be "high spirited". Hmmm.. isn't that code for little turd?

It really was a great trip, and never dull. The girls had fun. There was plenty of alcohol at night to drown out the terrible two hangover. Memories were made. Now it is back to laundry, cleaning, and the time out corner.
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS