Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Losing my mind



They say that you should force your brain to try something new to help increase your memory. Ideas include brushing your teeth, or brushing your hair with a different arm than you usually do. I have been trying this for the past week, and I seem to be losing memory power, not gaining it. Today, I though I had my dermatology appointment. It is my yearly exam, apparently this is a requirement when you are a pale , pasty redhead! I arranged child care and headed to my appointment ON TIME, only to find that I had the wrong day. Great! Well, I thought I could use the time to get some errands done without the kiddos. We are leaving in a few days to visit my in laws in Chicago, so I have a list of lose ends to tie up. On to the Target dollar bin, seriously nothing left but a few crusty tea lights and a pair of patriotic socks, so no little toys for the air plane trip. Next on to find Children's dramamine...all out. Then to Cosco to get a membership, no check or cash in my wallet for the membership fee. Realized this AFTER waiting in line for 15 minutes. I left just in time to pick the kiddos up. I could never seem to catch a break.

I hope your day went better than mine! I need to shower and get to some required maintenance so that I can wear a swim suit and go to the gym's pool with my Mother tomorrow. It is her birthday, there is no other way to celebrate than sitting by the pool, reading a book, sans kiddos. She will enjoy it too.

2 comments:

angelk33 said...

Well, you pull it off nicely! I never noticed! How were the fountains? I meant to ask you today.
Happy Birthday to your mom!

Rachel Lyn said...

I ran errands alone for 3 hours today - had the same distractability problems. It's a mommy thing. :)

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS