Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What a woman wants


We had a busy morning. We dropped off our pooch at the groomer and then the girls and I headed to the gym. I attended my dance jam class and dragged myself over to the elliptical machine to watch the inauguration. I seriously tried to watch the whole thing on the elliptical, but gave up after Aretha Franklin sang. I watched the rest downstairs on a comfy chair. It gave me the chills watching history. The whole gym erupted in applause when Obama finished his speech. I was on a serious high after that, and decided to tempt fate and head to the mall for the free makeup being given away, thanks to a 175 million dollar law suit.
I threw the kiddos into the double stroller and loaded them up with snacks. I had plenty of bribery in my purse (lolly pops are like the holey grail to my kiddos). I trotted into Macy's looking ultra scheek in my workout clothes, no make up , and greasy hair. The line wrapped around the store. It took about 20 minutes to get my first product...yes that is right several of the women informed me that I could also go to Dillard's and Nordstrom too. If it is free...I am there! Panting I jogged my way over to Dillard's, I figured I already smelled and was sweaty, why not??? I scored some Vera Wang body scrub and made my way to Nordstrom. It is amazing what women will do for free stuff. One woman in front of me wearing 7 jeans, a boutique top, Burberry
purse and a diamond that made mine look like a speck of dust, chatted enthusiastically with me. She told me that she had already had been to the mall across town and got freebies from Sax, and Nieman's. Who knew?? It was a very bonding event, and the girls thanks to my bribes did fairly well. After the mall, we popped into krispy kreme for our free donuts. Great day. It had me thinking however; a man would never stand in a line or make an extra trip out for free cologne, or deodorant. Hmmmmmm...

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS