Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2009

How old am I?


This whole facebook thing is so addicting. I don't know why I care that one of my friends is tired or one of my friends just ate dinner and is full..but I do.I finally got my husband to get on board. He is now friends with a ton of people, but he did not ask me to be his friend. What the??? Facebook has turned me into a JR. High Ninny. I look to see how many friends I have, and how many friends my friends have. Seriously, the way facebook works is if you have any idea who they are then you are "friends". You more than likely will NEVER write anything to them.

I went to school 4 years in Vegas (JR high and 2 years high school), so I have all of these people that I know from way back when. One of my Vegas friends pointed out that the love of my JR high life was on facebook. This boy scared me, and I am sure has no idea how obsessed I was with him in 8th grade. I was "going with him" in 8th grade. We held hands in the carpool, we walked each other to class. He tried to kiss me a few times, but I wouldn't have it. I had this image of how my first kiss would be and it was not in the cafeteria. He got tired of waiting and dumped me for my friend that was a known serial kisser. I still carry that scar. By the time 9th grade came around, my heart still fluttered when I saw him walking in his pink van sneakers. I was seriously sweating if I should ask him to be my friend via facebook or not. What if he rejected me again? After a few glasses of wine, I asked him...we are now "friends!! Whoo Hoo We will never speak or type anything to each other, but we are "friends"...

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS