Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

Stinky



I love my gym. It is my escape, I look forward to going and participating in my dance jam class. I also attempt to go once a week to use the elliptical machine. Before you get too impressed...my reason for going is not to get into shape, it is to watch my soap opera in peace. I went to the gym today, the elliptical machine area was practically empty. I found my favorite machine, I am a creature of habit. It is right in front of the 5 video screens showing everything from CNN to Judge Judy. My machine is closest to the channel airing my soap. I program the machine for my 60 minutes and go. A seriously handsome man takes the machine next to me 10 minutes into my workout. I repeat that the area is practically empty, who knows he may be into soap operas?? He smiles at me, I smile back and then glance back at the TV screen. Then it hits me, an odor so pungent that I almost lose my lunch. It is a delicate mix of BO, Pizza Hut, and strong cologne. I glance around and there is no one there but the handsome guy to my right. What the heck! I try to breath through my mouth and ignore the stench, I did not want to move machines. I had diligently programed mine and I did not want to lose my calorie count. I tried to hang in there, but just couldn't. After 30 excruciating minutes I left to go to the sauna. Why is it that we just assume that handsome men should not stink??

1 comment:

Amber said...

What is it with stinky people in Austin. Every time I've been out of the house this break. I've run into some funky smelling people! I know it's not me because I checked and made Ben check,too! Is the economy so bad that people are doign without deodorant???

Happy New Year!
Amber

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS