Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Relax don't do it


Today was suppose to be my day of relaxatation. I had booked a 50 minute facial at the gym (I am working thie weekend and need a treat). Yes, I know why a facial and not a massage? The answer is a 40% off coupon. I am too cheap to buy something not on sale. So, the facial was cheaper than a massage. I know deep down that I will regret this. I always break out, but I was desperate for some me time. I had the day all planned out. Claire had her dentist appointment @ 10:00, my facial was at 11:00. The dentist is about 5 minutes away from the gym, no problem. Right??? The dentist was 45 minutes late in seeing Claire. In that time Ella fell in waiting room and scratched her face, major drama. Claire attempted to pull off her diaper yelling,"potty mommy". We finally got in at 10:47 Her appointment took all of 8 minutes once we got in. It was 5 till 11:00 when we got out. I called the gym to let them know that I was running late. I keep reminding myself to breath. We pulled into the parking lot. I scrambled to get the kids out of the car. Then I noticed that Claire was missing a shoe. When I asked her about it she giggled and replied,"I throw". Son of a.... I tore apart the car searching for the renegade shoe. No luck. I gave up after she dumped her cup of water on her car seat. I dropped the kiddos off at the day care and explained that Claire was shoeless. I flew to the spa, hurry up and wait again! My facial began with my heart racing and my mind in overdrive. I tried so hard to relax, but my brain kept a constant commentary in my head. I did enjoy myself even if I never truly relaxed. It is very strange to have someone pop your zits and squeeze your blackheads out. She earned her money, my face reads PMS in braille. I wonder, do all rich people have someone to groom their face for them? I was lectured on the fact that I need to take time for myself. Apparently, the occasional bathing with Dove isn't doing wonders for my skin. Perhaps I should purchase an exfoliate for 125 dollars. Ummm...not going to happen. On a positive note, I found Claire's shoe in the gym parking lot. If you see me this weekend and wonder why I am so broken out...it is because I had a facial. Next time I think I will fork over the extra money for a massage.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I fully recommend Biore's Purify self heating mask. It comes in little one application tubes and did a good job while being significantly less than $125. It take maybe three minutes, tops.

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS