Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Random Commentary


Are there something that you just HAVE to buy name brand? I use to always buy my foundation at Macy's, it was more pricey than the grocery store brands, but somethings are just worth it. this experience proves my point.

About a month ago, I realized that I was running low on foundation, but truth be told I really did not want to make the trip out to the mall with the girls, and I was looking to save a few extra dollars. I went to the grocery store sans kids one evening on my quest for reasonably priced makeup. The aisle was filled with all kinds of brands promising everything from clear skin to wrinkle resistance. Which did I chose? The brand that had a coupon stuck to it naturally. $2.00 off, can't beat that.

How in the heck do you pick your color with out trying it on your wrist. At the mall an "expert, (usually a heavily made up women wearing the most unnatural color of eye makeup) color matches your skin. I figure I have red hair, I am fair skinned, I burn therefore the fair /nude color should be perfect. I got the bottle home and after one application realize that the color really needs to be renamed geisha. I stared at my unnaturally white skin. So, what do I do now? Can't return it, and if I buy another color I will be spending just as much as I would on the good stuff. Suggestions???

1 comment:

Rachel Lyn said...

Um, keep it for Halloween make-up for the girls? Then when you buy a new shade, it won't be like buying 2 foundations, it will be an investment in a future holiday and new make-up for Mommy. :) Is that stretching it?

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS