Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Yeah!


Things are great! I co-hosted a fab bridal shower at my house. It went on without a hitch. I don't know what it is but I really get worked up about entertaining. So much so, that it is no longer fun for me. I really need to work on that, but I am the daughter of the world's best party hostess. My mother pulls off fabulous events, it is a hard act to follow. I fear that despite my best efforts, I still fall short.

Thank goodness for great friends however; one of my friends offered to watch Ella Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon. She has two kiddos as well. Her little boy is Ella's age and is such a charmer. He and Ella get along so well. She absolutely adores him. Is it too soon to be planning for their future together?

On another note, on Friday it really dawned on me that I am such a mom. I was stuck in traffic as the local high school was dismissing their students. I watched the boys sulk along,their shaggy hair framing their faces. I was impress by their attire, no droopy drawers, mostly polo shirts. Then a group of girls sauntered past my window. I don't think that I have worn that much makeup in a span of an entire month! I KNOW girls in my day were not nearly as ...um, voluptuous. A girl shimmed between my car and the car in front of mine. I had to bite my tongue from yelling out my car window, "You know tight jeans can cause yeast infections"

That is when I realized that I may never be "the cool mom". I will be just like my mom. I have two girls and all I can say I hope there is a resurgence of the late eighties fashions when they are in high school. The giant hypercolor shirt was in. The cool shirts were size large regardless if your true size was a small. The bigger and baggier the clothes, the better. Ahhh.. I can smell the salon selectives... The attached photo is from my 15th birthday, check out the leggings and big painted shirts. What is old is new again, I think I saw this outfit in in style magazine.

1 comment:

angelk33 said...

That photo is hilarious! That looks like my old "puff paint" party where you would take the shirt home with you after you paint it.
Really it was no big deal! And technically, Tony watched them today. He said they were cracking up as they pounded on the door and window. Hmm? I am glad the party went well! I knew it would. Maybe one day you can plan Ella's bridal shower (for her and Reid, of course!)

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS