Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Your fired


Stay at home Mom's, have you ever had a day that you thought, if this were a paid job I think I would be fired or at least on probation? I had one of those times this morning. I decided not to go to the gym since Claire was still coughing. We went to Target because they were having a sale on diapers.

It was nearing melt down mode, but I was making good time. The items were on the conveyor belt, and coupons were in my hand. The clerk tells me my total. I reach in my purse to pull out my wallet. Not there...I had left it in the car. In that instant, things went down hill fast. I looked at my girls, Claire had a snot bubble and was wailing, Ella was whining for "veggie chips". WE had to get out of there fast! I apologized to the clerk and told her to forget the whole transaction. I wouldn't say the look on her face was friendly. I wheeled the kiddos out of the store at a pretty impressive pace, muttering words under my breath. I park the shopping cart get the kiddos in the car and head for home feeling like a real idiot. At the stop light, I look for my purse. It dawns on me, that I have left it in the cart in the Target parking lot. I literally feel like throwing up at this point. My hands are shaky, I am thinking about canceling credit cards, getting a new drivers license, my good lipstick... I pull up to the cart. No purse. A long line of curse words flew out of my mouth. Then I remember my two year old "parrot" is in the back seat. With shaky hands I pull the girls out of their car seats. Claire is really screaming at this point and Ella is yelling, "mommy lost it, mommy lost it." Perceptive isn't she...
The only person in the customer service area was the clerk that had dealt with me earlier that morning. I held my breath as she looked around for my big green purse and found it! She gave it it to me with a look that could only be perceived as disgust. I expected her to point at me with her manicured florescent orange nails and utter the dreaded words, "Your Fired". At this point, I quit.

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS