Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2008

serenity now


I've found it! "Attract attention in our sexy enhancer bra tops. They offer additional cleavage and give your bust that little something extra." I have opted for the enhancer bikini top. I found one on clearance at venus.com. For nine dollars I will see if it really enhances. I don't know about you but I wish that I could buy patience enhancers somewhere. I would even pay full price for something that would remind me to breath and blow things off. I am amazed how my two year old is able to push my buttons in just the right order. I really do try to step back, but sometimes...

On Friday, we had a gust speaker at MOPS that talked about her two sons 16 months apart with autism. It really made me think about how lucky I am, and how much I love my little girls. My heart was filled with love and appreciation when I left the meeting with my girls. I thought we could run quick to central market, I needed to price out some desserts and buy a few things. I got them in the cart for two, we were all smiles and giggles, blissfully happy with the free balloons, and samples. We were almost done perusing the bake goods area, savoring the crumbs from the sample treats when I noticed, Ella's shoe had fallen off. I took a deep breath and went in search of the renegade pink generic croc. I discovered it in the meat department under someones shopping cart. At this point, the girls are nearing the dreaded wall. You know the one that once kids hit, it is all down hill.

We are almost to the front of the line when I notice Ella has lost her shoe...AGAIN. I back the cart out of the line (we got one of those super carts for two kiddos that smell like feet and always have a bum wheel) accidentally knock over a flower display, make a few quick apologies and then race through the store attempting not to cause any more damage. By now, Ella is pulling on her sister's shirt, Claire has pulled out all her hair accessories and is screaming. I finally see the little pink shoe wedged under the sample table. I scoop it up just in time to see that Ella has managed to unbuckle her restraint. She is attempting a Houdini like maneuver, only to discover that her foot with a shoe on is stuck. She is flapping around like a fish out of water. I "gently" stick her back in the cart and head back to the line only to realize that while Ella was practicing to be a contortionist, Claire has decided that she likes the cart better without food. I am missing about a third of my items. By this time, the line has gotten longer. Ella is now barefoot, her shoes safely tucked away in my purse. Sweat has now beaded on my brown and I catch a familiar whiff of something...ahhh.. I knew that I forgot something this morning, deodorant.

This is a sign. I pull the kiddos out of the cart and abandon it, this ship is sunk. As I am carrying two crying children out, I glance to the left and notice two ladies sitting at the outdoor cafe sipping on a glass of chilled white wine and nibbling on what appeared to be some exotic salad. Deep breath, I repeat my mantra, I am lucky, I have a wonderful life. Patience enhancer where are you!! SERENITY NOW, Sanity later.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5513mXmQbw4

2 comments:

Rachel Lyn said...

I know that feeling...it's easier to love them when they're not in the room!! :) Maybe Jeff needs some of that self tanning lotion?

Deb said...

SERENITY NOW! Ugh, I've been there - recently. It's nice to know there are other people out there experiencing my pain. =)

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS