Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Where is my lipstick




The other day I was looking through family photos. There is me, my dad, my brother, the dog, but no mom. This seems to be a reoccurring theme in the albums. I glanced at my albums with my family photos. The same theme is prevalent throughout. Dad, kids, even the dog...no mom.

For years, my mom complained that she was never in any pictures. She was the one to remember to take a photo and no one took her picture. Did she even go on many family vacations, looking at the pictures one would think not. I vaguely remember tuning her out when she would rant about the fact that once again, there were no pictures of her. Now I feel her pain.

Granted, vanity seems to be an issue. I have never heard my husband shout, "don't take a picture of me, my hair is a mess, and I have no makeup on". He could care less, dirty shirt, messed up hair, he is all smiles for the camera. It will be my new mission to make sure that the photo archives show that I too was there. I will suck it up and let my photo get snapped even without lipstick. I will remind myself that there is such a thing as photoshop. I can fix myself up later on the computer.

I will demand to have my photo taken, BUT I will always make sure that my lipstick is in my pocket. Vanity is a hard thing to shake. Now where is my lipstick? I have a feeling it is in the washing machine because I forgot to check my pockets. Maybe I will have to rethink the lipstick in the pocket thing!

2 comments:

Rachel Lyn said...

You're too funny. I stole your breast cancer graphic. Too cool!

angelk33 said...

Did I ever send you the photo I had of you, Ella and Jeff the night before you had CLaire? You were in that one!!!

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS