Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Flea Fly Flu

Well the flu has left the building...or so I thought. I just discovered my hubby under all of the blankets in our bedroom moaning. Now this is the baby I am not looking forward to nursing back to health. Give me strength not to roll my eyes and sigh when he says how sick he is.

Both girls are doing better. Ella is 100% well and Claire has a sinus infection as well as an ear infection, but is on the yummy pink stuff. The doctor swears that they are no longer contagious. I don't know about you but seeing the pink medication in the fridge brings back memories of childhood. Ahhh... I recall mom just calling the doctor and a new bottle of the pink stuff would appear. It tasted like cherries and bubble gum. You felt so special when you had to go down to the nurses office during school to take it. I would slowly inch my way down the empty hallway peaking in at the poor suckers still huddled over their math assignments while I was free. My hand clutching my laminated blue hall pass. At the nurses office, she would pull open the mini fridge and sort through the 10 to 20 other bottles filled with the cold yummy pink stuff.

Boy have times changed, it is like pulling teeth to get the doctor to believe that your kiddo needs the pink stuff. I almost felt like a lottery winner this morning when the doctor pulled out her little prescription pad. I drove to the pharmacy as quick as I could to pick up the pink stuff. I gave Claire her dose then sighed in relief. Well that was until I went upstairs to discover an email from a friend warning about the dangers of the pink stuff. In fact, it eluded to the fact that jumping for joy for the pink stuff was just bad parenting. So whats new...I can never win.

Now shoo flu shoo!

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS