Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Down for the count

The evil flu came knocking at our door and I let it in. I have no idea how I managed to get the flu type A. I was dutiful about getting the flu shot for the whole family in October, I am fastidious about hand washing, and I don't have time for it! It started on Monday evening with a tickle in my throat and by 1:30 am I had a raging fever. Once I woke up I dragged myself down stairs and disinfected the whole down stairs, yes at 1:30 in the morning!

I barely limped through Tuesday. Thank goodness my mom was around to help. I knew whatever I had was bad because usually I can manage to push through the day, but I couldn't get out of bed. After I still was no better, perhaps even worse I went to the minute clinic, tested positive for the flu. I started taking tamiflu and now left things to my husband I woke up occasionally to spray a fine mist of Lysol all over the house.

The girls still got it. Claire on Thursday, and Ella on Friday. I was secretly hoping that they would just lay in bed and sleep like I had done. Nope! Claire has been moaning and crying on and off for the past 48 hours. Ella has a fever as well as a serious case of the twos. There is no laying on the sofa watching Elmo, no... she is pulling out every toy, throwing balls at her sister meanwhile I am attempting to whisper in a loud voice "NO". Oh yeah, did I mention a lovely side effect of my flu is that I have no voice. I bypassed the sexy voice that comes with throat irritation directly to a whisper.

Claire is developing quite an interesting scratchy voice. She sounds like a 50 year old smoker. Gotta go and attempt to pick up the house. It is a mess and I am going crazy because no one can hear a darn word I am saying. I think my hubby is secretly pleased, is it nagging if no one hears you?

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS