Pages

Friday, March 21, 2008

Are we having fun yet???



My hubby and I decided that we would try to go to the family swim time once a week at our gym. They have a great zero entry indoor pool with heated water. Perfect! Last night was our first night to try this out with both of the girls. I dressed them in their matching swim suits and cover ups, made sure the bag was packed, found my hubby's swim trunks, and ran upstairs to get on my suit. I tore through my bag of old suits looking for the one that had the most coverage. Maintenance has not been on my list lastly, girls you know what I am getting at. I found one that looked like it would work, threw it on and we left the house. After several agonizing minutes, Ella wants her shoes, she doesn't want her shoes, she wants to take her swim suit off, ect. we stroll into the nice warm water. The girls are happily splashing around I am sitting in the water and notice that my swim suit bottoms are billowing around me, to the point that no amount of maintenance would have been enough. My seven year old suit had apparently decided that its elastic was a thing of the past. I crawled on my knees with Claire, and attempted to avoid the several fathers teaching their little boys to snorkel, masks and all. What an underwater show I must have been. My squirmy daughter in one hand and my other hand desperately trying to keep my bottoms covering the necessary parts. A few of the snorkeling dads tried to chat with me, I was feeling my cheeks burn with embarrassment. My husband was off splashing with Ella. After crawling on my knees for about twenty minutes, I finally shouted uncle and begged Jeff to bring me a towel. Standing for what seemed like eternity with my droopy drawers I finally had a towel wrapped around my waist. By this time both girls were crying and I was eying the young couples relaxing in one of the four hot tubs.

Both girls were in rare form in the family changing room, by the time we got out of there, they were in tears, and we were red with frustration. Both of my knees had begun to ache and had visible bruises. We may go for family swim hours next time, but the kiddos will be in the child care and I will be in a hot tub with a swim suit that fits!

As for the swimsuit, Claire has decided that it makes an excellent headscarf.

3 comments:

angelk33 said...

Now THAT was hilarious!

Betty Boop said...

Now that was an experience, I guess it wasn't your luck day after all.

Witterbutter said...

OMG! That is too funny!!!

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS