Pages

Monday, March 24, 2008

The Abdul

So three weeks ago, I went to my ridiculously expensive hairdresser for a cut. I love him, but can only afford to go every four months or so. He IS Edward Scissorhands. He doesn't chat just whips out his scissors, twirls them around his fingers and goes to work. Hair flies in every direction, and when he is done...perfection. This time he asked me what I would like, I said that I would like something that is "in", but with little or no maintenance. That was it, he went to work flexing his tattooed arms, a scowl on his face reminiscent of Zoolander's magnum. He let out a sigh when he was done examining his masterpiece. I turned to face the mirror exhilarated from his pulling and pawing of my hair. Ummm...yeah, not what I had expected. I looked like I just woke up after a hard night of drinking. My hair was so poofy, layered, and just plain big. Dallas hair maybe, not the sleek low maintenance Austin hairdo.

I got home and my hubby replied, "Wow, you have the Rachel haircut." He was so proud of his pop culture reference. Yes, thats right ladies, THE Rachel circa 1993. I ran upstairs and washed my styled hair thinking that it would be better if I did it. Well my stylist was right, low maintenance. It looked just like it did when I came out of the salon. How could this be a fashionable haircut? The look, or so I thought was straight and sleek.

Last week I was watching American idol and I found my cut. I have the Abdul. So if you see me, this is not the Rachel, but the Abdul. Feel free to follow the trend, I on the other hand will be trying to grow mine out.

1 comment:

Rachel Lyn said...

For what it's worth, I think your hair looks really good!

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS