Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Shower

I helped host a baby shower for one of my best friends. This is her first baby, it was so much fun. It reminded me of my first shower... I received so many wonderful gifts, I left the shower feeling giddy with excitement. Once I got home however, I was filled with panic. I surveyed all of the new gadgets and realized that I had no idea what some of them were for and how I was suppose to use them. What kind of mom will I be if I don't even know how this dummy proof swaddle blanket works. Then the final nail on the coffin...the breast pump. Does anyone remember opening up that sucker (literally) up for the first time. I remember thinking what the heck??? It looked like a cross between a cow's milking machine and a mid evil torture device. Mine came with a video tape to watch. I remember watching it and saying forget this, I still don't get it. I packed it back up into the box and forced myself to forget about it. It was only once I got home with little Ella who was screaming, my breasts hot with pain, and nothing was working that I opened the box again. First time moms, I do not recommend trying to figure a pump out when your baby is screaming, your are throbbing in pain, and you are sobbing. Not a good mix...

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS