Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Odd


I had my 6 month dentist appointment yesterday. I was just there two weeks ago with Ella. Ella has determined that anyone that attempts to put a foreign object in her mouth deserved to be kicked and bit. It was miracle that the poor dentist was able to open up her mouth. I had to pin her down on the chair while she thrashed her legs. I still have a few bruises to prove it. She screamed, she cried, she attempted to bite down on the courageous dentist's hand. After the "cleaning", I was assured that next time it would be better??? So back to my appointment...I have been blessed with great teeth, I have never had a cavity or braces. I really don't mind going to the dentist, sadly I find it relaxing. I did, until I met the dental hygienist with a gift for gab. She talked, and talked, and asked me question after question. Hello, you have your hands in my mouth...do you really expect me to answer. At first, I attempted a few grunts "answering" her questions. After the fifth question, I just tuned her out. She did not take the hint and kept talking. After she was done, she looked me up and down and said,"You have lost so much weight! I really need to try the diet you were telling me about." What? I am the same weight that I was 6 months ago and I know darn well that I didn't tell her a darn thing.

3 comments:

angelk33 said...

My hygenist likes to sing while she cleans. Talk about odd.
Cute photo!

Ehall said...

Lisa,

My dentist let me hold my 3 yr old in my lap for the dental exam. it was sooo much easier than the biting fight about to happen.

i would love to meet you and find out more about this blog thing. are you available in the next few weeks?

Estelina

Anonymous said...

We're looking for a way to let you know your blog has been nominated for a Nickelodeon Parents' Picks Award!

You can see the nomination (and vote!) here:

http://www.nicksparentspicks.com

Congratulations!

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS