Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Gianalogue


I don't know if you watched Oprah several weeks ago, the topic was how to talk about sex with your child. It was really eye opening concerning the misinformation flying around out there. I'm not sure why it surprised me, since I too was exposed to a discussion in first grade about a cat having sex. I came home mortified, I was under the impression that there was a serious amount of poop involved in the whole baby making process. My poor mother attempted to skirt around "the talk", that was until I managed to check out a sex book from the public library. Granted the information was in comic book form, but there were still some fairly explicit pictures. The poor librarian who allowed a six year old to check out the book, got quite an ear full from my mom. Anyway...the psychologist on Oprah recommend using the correct words to label private parts. My husband had been calling them "bits" since the girls were small. Girls have "bits" and boys have "bits and pieces". Why I chose this week after the boobies fiasco to introduce a new word is beyond me. I was about to say the word, but just couldn't. I morphed the word into a much cuter, "giana". I told the girls to wash their "gianas". They looked at me, confused. I pointed to their girl part. They happily excepted the new word. Ella has taken it upon herself to now be the boss of the "gianas" in the bath tub. Today she ordered Claire to wash her giana well, or she would get an rash. Claire dutifully followed her sisters orders.

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS