Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Free to be you and me


Those of you that grew up in the late 70's may remember the "long playing record" Free to Be You and Me. It provided a positive musical message regarding equality and self esteem. I was listening to it the other day and wondering, what age is it that you become self conscious? Yesterday, we took our girls to the neighborhood pool. Poor Ella's swim suit was having a terrible time covering her fanny. I looked over and she had a full on wedgie, I am talking about all of the material had migrated to her crack. She could care less, she was bending over, skipping, splashing without a care in the world. I felt compelled to arrange her suit several times. Why? She was content, didn't care, and she has a pretty cute bum. I only wish that I could be as care free as she is. Instead, here I am adjusting, tugging, and feeling for a phantom wedgie while wearing my swim suit. I hope that she never loses that self confidence.

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS