Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mouths of Babes


My hubby came through! Breakfast in bed, a small gift, and brunch with my parents. A fantastic day. Ella sat through church with us for once, she is usually in the nursery. She was fascinated with the pastor,lay minister, and acolytes all dressed in white robes. She looked up at me with her big brown eyes and asked, "Mommy why do those doctors go up to the front and talk to themselves?" After the service, the girls practiced walking down the aisle. In July, they will be flower girls in my brother's wedding. They walked slowly down the aisle and then carefully climbed up the stairs, then turned around and enthusiastically hopped down each stair. Ella of course managed to fall down the last two stairs and ended up wailing. I love my girls, I can't imagine what my life would be like without the 24/7 drama. When I tucked Ella into bed, I told her that since I was a little girl I always wanted to be a mommy. She made me a mommy. Then of course, she asked me how she got out of my stomach. I have an easy explanation since I had a c-section. She wondered if it hurt, I told her that yes, it hurt a little bit but she was worth it. She looked at me suspiciously and said, "Mommy your should have just let me come out of your mouth since throwing up really doesn't hurt." Hmmmm....

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS