Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Speed Racer


I went to book club this evening. I was feeling a little emotional and almost didn't go, but I am glad I did. We had a great discussion about the book Nineteen Minutes. We left Starbucks @ 10:00. I pulled up to a stop light in my PAID FOR 1994 Honda accord. I bought this car after college used, it it doesn't scream POS or anything, but is is most certainly not a glam vehicle. I was enjoying the silence as I contemplated some questions brought up in our book group, when I hear the revving of an engine. Out of the corner of my eye I see another Honda circa 1990's. Then I hear some yelling and the engine revs again. I can't help it I peer over into the next lane and a guy rolls down his window and yells, "Honda's Fu$%ing rock...let's race baby!" Seriously??? I am 33 years old and I have two car seats in the back of my car. I politely shook my head and the guy yelled, "Come on Baby!!" At that point, I just stared ahead of me. The guy must be off his rocker thinking that I would waste gas on a race! The light changed to green and the Honda took off, tires squealing. I stepped on my gas and drove 45 mph a few yards down the road to the next red light. Who would have guessed that I was once again sitting next to the speed racer. I couldn't help crack up and say "Dumb Ass" under my breath.

1 comment:

Rachel Lyn said...

So glad to see you tonight!

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS