Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Debbie Downer


Have you ever been in a funk? The kind where you think every thing sucks, yet you know that on the whole you are darn lucky. I am stuck in a funk and I can't get up. I could go on and on with my pessimistic emotions right now, but I will spare you the ramble. I must say that the icing on the cake today was at Target. Yesterday, I had a 24 hour tummy issue and couldn't eat much of anything, I am riding the cotton pony and here I go again with my complaints. Anyway, I ran into someone that I knew back in high school (not the best years of my life)and she remarked, "My God, you are way too skinny. You need to eat." Really? I so wanted to say, "Wow you really have gotten fat. You really need to lay off the fries". I didn't say anything, I just looked at her. Luckily Claire broke the tension by catapulting her shoe across the aisle. I made a show of JOGGING over to get it and smiled..."Kids" and then I pushed the shopping cart like a bat out of hell to the check out stand.
Later today, I tried so hard to think positive thoughts while I folded laundry and watched Oprah. The guest was Suzie Orman. She gave a doom and gloom lecture and insisted that we all live on half of our current income because things really won't get better until 2015. Great news for those of us that ARE living on only one income. I glared at the TV and threw a fist full of Ella's panties at the screen. Tomorrow will be better.

2 comments:

angelk33 said...

Ok. Hold out until tomorrow. YOU CAN DO IT!

Rachel Lyn said...

Of course tomorrow will be better - y'all are coming to play with US! And I'll try to find something to fatten you up as well. :) People are morons. That's why we graduate from high school and don't ever go back!

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS