Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Donkey


The other night I attend a mommy blogger party. It was great! Let me start this post by saying that I am embarrassed to admit that I have a serious addiction to free stuff. Seriously, I have been signing up for so much free crap in the past several months it is unreal. I love going to the mailbox now. I insert in the key twist it and surprise, a mini box of cereal, a tampon, and a bill. So it appears that my new found addiction to free, has caused me some problems. I went to the blogger party and brought my biggest fan with me. OK she is just one of my best friends, but on her name tag she graciously wrote Melissa's biggest fan. awww... I was doing good, networking, chatting and then I discovered the wine box in the corner of the room. It was not just a wine box, but a free wine box. Score. We were going to go dancing at one of the clubs downtown following the party, so I figured, hey I won't have to spend a dime tonight. I will drink a few glasses of vino and then hit the dance floor. Then it happened...I morphed from a sweet, semi chatty gal into the annoying girl making a donkey out of herself. A well known author was there and I felt the need to blab way too much about my personal life and show her my silicone boobie "cutlets" that were hidden in my bra. I feel like such a douche. I found the organizer of the party and gushed about how great it was...esp. the free wine. I thought I was so witty, the other girls were laughing at my jokes and comments. After reflecting on the evening, they were not laughing with me, but at me which they had every right to do. So I am feeling like a total idiot. I will never drink free red wine again... now a free martini, tempting.

4 comments:

Monica said...

LOL.. I think we've all had those days. Let's just hope she doesn't write about you!

Stephanie Klein said...

You were LOVELY and charming and fun. You are most certainly welcome to be my date anywhere. I loved meeting you.

Andria said...

Lol... I mean, really, who can resist the free wine?!

Cause I said so... said...

As promised...I went and found the blogs of those present. I was one of those ladies laughing, and I PROMISE you, it was your charming witt and jokes...not the stuper of wine that kept us doubled over. You left an impression....and not a bad one! Hope to see you at the next one.

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS