Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

metaphore?


Still licking my wounds after the housing debacle, I decided that while the kiddos napped I would ignore all of my chores and enjoy the first day of spring in the backyard. I laid down a soft blanket, got comfortable and started reading a book. Bliss, the birds were singing, there was a light breeze making the 85 degree day perfect. All of a sudden, my olfactories were accosted by an atrocious odor. Our dog, Saddie had taken a giant dump up wind from me. So much for my bliss. I began to wonder if life was telling me something. Just when life seems calm and peaceful, shit happens.

We also went to a friend's house for a playdate today. The girls all had a great time until my youngest decided that it would be fun to discover Vaseline. She had managed to slather herself pretty well by the time Ella came to tell on her. I can't take her anywhere!

1 comment:

Rachel Lyn said...

Missed y'all at the block party today. Hope Claire is Vaseline free by bedtime!

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS