Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2008

30 year old MOM's love NKOTB


Yes...that was one of the posters that a was held up during the NKOTB concert on the Today show. I couldn't help but giggle...that is so me! Joe, Jon, Jordan, Danny and Donnie sang some songs from the past and performed some moves that were so 1987. It was great. They have aged very well, their hair was neatly combed (no more mullets or rat tails), they donned black suits and white tennis shoes. Not too sure about the shoes, ruined the look in my opinion. The question that you are all wondering...so were they good? This was LIVE on the today show, I repeat live. It is my feeling that in the late 80's things were dubbed for a reason. They stunk pretty bad, but they looked good all except for the "dancers". What the???? Teeny tiny biker shorts and white teeny tiny bras. Nasty, not classy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-ntnChcHys

The cheesy music and choreographed dance brought me back to a time when:
* I couldn't wait to get my period * I teased my hair and only used salon selectives * Bonnie Bell lip gloss was slathered on my lips * I couldn't wait for my first kiss* my folders were coved in ink proclaiming my love for Joey Joe from NKOTB and Jordan* The sent of Drakkar and Polo cologne permeated the halls of the JR high

I actually went to two NKOTB concerts back in the day. One of which we thought that we smelled marijuana. It was probably someone reeking of too much cologne. I can remember screaming in "lust??" as Donnie gyrated on a speaker box in ripped blue jeans and Oh my gosh...they ripped exposing just a bit of his boxer shorts. Who would have thought back then I would be picking up my husbands boxers off the floor and not feel the lest bit of excitement at seeing mens underwear!

1 comment:

Rachel Lyn said...

They sounded better than I thought they would! I forgot I actually liked those songs back in the day. Never went to a concert, but I had a button and pinup in my locker. :)

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS