Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2008

what would you do for 12.00


Old Navy had its 12 dollar one day jean sale yesterday. Ella went to the the circus with Jeff. Claire and I went bright and early to Old navy to get jeans. I had a list of sizes, my mom wanted me to pick a few up for her too. I drove up to the store at 10:00 and stuffed Claire into the stroller. The store was packed. I elbowed my way into the store trying to part the sea of women looking for a deal. Found my sizes that I needed and proceeded to get to the line which looped around the store. I glanced down at Claire, she was missing a shoe. Nice... I had to leave my coveted spot in line in order to locate the renegade shoe. I finally spotted it after about 5 minutes searching, just when I had almost reached the shoe, it got kicked under the display case. Excuse me, pardon me, I am trying to get on my hands and knees to reach under the case. Pushing, shoving, dust bunnies, and finally a shoe. I look up thrilled to have my shoe and there is Claire who managed to unbuckle herself and is now standing in the stroller about to take a header off into a pile of discarded jeans. I go to grab her and a very kind woman tells me that I need to watch my child a little better because she could hurt herself. I had a very un-Christian image of me wrapping my 12 dollar jeans around her pudgy neck. I spent 45 minutes in line, sweating like a pig, was reprimanded for my lack of parenting, but I got 3 pairs of 7 dollar jeans for the girls, 3 pairs for myself, two for Jeff, and two for my Mom. When I got home tired but a little bit giddy, (there is nothing like a good deal high) I enthusiastically showed Jeff my hard earned deals. What did I get? A hug, a we saved a ton of money dance.. .nope just a "thats nice". Men just don't get it.

1 comment:

angelk33 said...

Dang! I never heard of this sale!

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS