Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Slipped



OK, I had to include this picture because it cracked me up. It has nothing to do with this post. Yesterday we went to a Combat Bunco party at my parents house. My friend was sweet enough to come over and watch the kiddos so that Jeff and I could have a good time. Let me first say that the pre-maid Mojitos are dangerous. They go down easy but pack a punch.

Combat Bunco is a very aggressive sport, it takes speed and agility all of which get a little out of hand when adult beverages are about. Since I was partying with my parents friends, I wanted to make sure that I left a good impression and really tried hard to not let any expletives fly. I was so conscious of it in fact that I probably made a mistake by not cursing.

The scenario:
My brother was my teammate. His girlfriend and my mother were our arch rivals in the final round. My brother had the last roll of the game, tensions were high...one more six and we would win. He rolled a 1,5,2...so I screamed, "You son of a Whore" trying not to curse. Not the best thing to say when our mother is sitting right next to us. Oops... I think that pre-maid mojitos are on my "danger, danger" list.

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS