Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2008

A little young





Ok , I am feeling a little obsessed with the Olympics. The US is getting beat in the medal count by China. These Olympics are bringing out the worst in me. I am staying up past my bed time, eating too much ice cream, screaming at the TV and hoping someone from another country will biff. For some reason watching athletes showcase amazing amounts of endurance and energy just makes me want to eat an ice cream sunday. Since Jeff has been gone, I managed to polish off a 1/2 gallon. I call it sympathy eating, because you know some of those guys would KILL to eat a sunday. I'm just saying...

What is it with the Chinese? I admit they are off the charts talented, but would it hurt to crack a smile. I suppose if you were pulled from you family at the age of 3 and force into training, you would look a little grumpy too. I read that they only get to see their family once a year. Sad.

China's little "baby" gymnasts were stupendous. Just wondering.. how much strength does it really take to propel your 60 pound self into the air. Our girls were solid averaging 30 + more pounds than the Chinese, you know they could swing their arm and take a few "babies" out if they wanted too. I read that one of the Chinese "women?" was even missing a tooth! She was so young that she lost a baby tooth and had yet to have a permanent one emerge. There are some new facts coming to light that may prove that one of the "women" was just 13. I am NOT saying that they shouldn't have won talent wise, but come on just play by the rules!

3 comments:

angelk33 said...

Looks like Reid and Ella on my wall...

angelk33 said...

Looks like Reid and Ella on my wall...

Mrs4444 said...

No kidding; bunch of cheaters. But I guess it doesn't surprise me, given it's China.

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS