Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I'm outta here!

Yeah, by this time tomorrow there will be no more dirty diapers, cries of, "mommy", or temper tantrums. I started packing and realized that I have absolutely no "cool" clothes. I was planning a quick trip to Ross after Jeff got off work; however I reached into the far depth of my closet and found some really cool stuff. Granted, I have not worn it in 7 years, but paired with the right pair of jeans and shoes I can pull it off. Jeff was thrilled that I canceled my Ross excursion.

I am reading another cool book, Lost on Planet China, by J. Maarten Troost. I am learning so much about China, and to be frank,I'm not sure it will remain on my list of places I want to go. A few interesting facts:
~700,000 people die in China every year simply from breathing the air
~In the US anything more than 50 micro grams of particulates per cubic meter in the air is considered unsafe, in China the average is 141 micro grams.
~The average life expectancy for a traffic cop is 42 due to lung related illnesses.

My question is how are the athletes going to cope with the horribly polluted air?

1 comment:

Rachel Lyn said...

Haven't you heard that the commies are clearing out the pollution for the Olympics? :)

Let us know how Vegas goes - we all have to live vicariously through your adventures!!!!

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS