Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tantrums



My euphoria from my trip is gone. My darling two and a half year old treated me with the tantrum of all tantrums. She thrashed, kicked, and sent objects flying. In her manic mode she managed to scratch me in the face, that so did not fly. Into bed she went and apparently she needed it because she took a 3 1/2 hour nap and was sweet as sugar when she woke up. The car is now fixed, it could be worse but seriously who has an extra 260 dollars just laying around and to top it off we got the bill from the emergency room in Chicago. And the money keeps rolling out...

I landed a great sounding job the other day. Part time, work from home coordinating an Au Pair agency. I checked out the BBB and they had 41 complaints in the last 3 years, so I think that I will turn it down. I am not in the mood to jump aboard a sinking ship.

OK as I stated my euphoria for my trip has mellowed so I will just give the highlights minus the witty reporte.

* Ended up on two VIP lists for "it" clubs in Vegas. (total fluke, either that or I just reek coolness)
* Saw The Game in concert. Yeah... I didn't know who they were either, apparently you need to be 20 to recognize them. We managed to be in the front row and I almost got in a cat fight with some witch who shoved me into the stage...that was until I realized that she had 100 pounds on me.
* Lost 20 dollars on the penny slots, but won 40.00 on quarter slots
* Successfully drank with no hangover (it only took me 15 years to figure this one out, ok that and the 15.00 drinks)
* Helped my girlfriend get ready for her wedding and ended up in the Las Vegas newspaper.
* Met with a few of my old Vegas High school buddies. We took a trip down memory lane and then felt sick to our stomachs when we realized that was 18 years ago

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS