Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Son of a ............




The girls went to school excited and ready to celebrate Valentine's day with their class. Jeff delivered donut holes with pink sprinkles to celebrate Claire's birthday. I was stuck at work, sad I was missing watching Claire's face as she was being serenaded. I had just gotten off of work and was headed to the grocery store to begin picking up items for Claire's birthday when I got the call. Ella isn't feeling well. I knew that it had to be the flu. My parents watched the kiddos last weekend and my mom came down with the flu. I picked Ella up and took her to the minute clinic at CVS. They rock, no lines. The flu was confirmed and we were all given tamiflu to take, double doses for Ella and single doses for the rest of us as a preventative. My dad picked Claire up and brought her home. She was chipper as ever, but Ella was miserable. While they napped I disinfected the whole house. I will probably develop some sort of respiratory illness from inhaling all of the Lysol. I just did not want Claire to get sick. Her real birthday is tomorrow and her party is Sunday. After Claire woke up she ran around the back yard, Ella slept on the couch. By 6:00 Claire too had a fever. Oh hell... The doctor said that they should be better in 2 days, this is the "short flu". They had their flu shot. The same damn thing happened last year. One more thing... why is it so hard to make medicine for children that tastes OK. They claim that it is tutti fruti. Ella spit it out all over the couch and it sure did not smell like tutti fruti. More like chalky walky.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I'm sorry the girls are under the weather.... the flu waits for no party! I remember Emma's first birthday - I was so sick. Val handled everything (thank goodness)but I was a wreck! I hope the girls are better in the two days! Emma hates medicine too when she is sick - but I turned it into a game (I took some "medicine" too) and that worked for us....

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS